[OK] Re: Debian live 5 and PXE

mabrothrax a écrit :

Isn't it better to use directly the unpacked .iso in a folder (and just give an address like "/debian5/live/filesystem.squashfs") ?

*** mabrothrax is now known as "mlrx" ***

Hi !

Good news, it's work !

To resolve, 1/ I have unpacked the .iso in a folder ("debian5") at the tftpd folder's root 2/ Give the kernel hard address and mount by http the .squashfs.

without change as my firsts mails, now on the win server :

   - an extract of my "default" file :
           LABEL Debian 5.0
           MENU LABEL ^1 Debian Live                      5.0
           KERNEL debian5/live/vmlinuz1
APPEND initrd=debian5/live/initrd1.img fetch=http://192.168.1.6/debianfs/filesystem.squashfs boot=live union=aufs rootfs=http://192.168.1.6/debianfs/filesystem.squashfs

- on hfs, http://192.168.1.6/debianfs/filesystem.squashfs is a link to C:\pxe\debian5\live\filesystem.squashfs

The virtual folder "debianfs" on hfs is only there to make it better placed with other distib's and tools. I know I can remove the rootfs option, but when i did some tests, it seemed faster... Or I was to tired ! ;) (15-20min. against 5-6 with) The last job : make transfert faster ! (more or less at max 10 000 Kb/s on 100bt link)

Thank you.
Benoist.