translation of syslinux template

Hi,

I tried to translate boot messages in syslinux templates in live-helper to slovak language.

I haven't found any info about how to do it, so I tried the following:

1. It did not work, when I created a new subfolder "sk" similar to "en" or "es" in /usr/share/live-helper/templates/syslinux. Then I translated files f1.txt, ..., but after creating the image with boot options "lang=sk" and "keyb=sk_SK.utf8", nothing happened,
messages were in english.

2. It did work, when I translated directly files in the "en" subfolder. However, the encoding at the boot time was wrong, our accented letters were not shown correctly.

What should I set to get it work correctly?
Does someone tried something similar?

I would like to send the translation to Daniel when I finish it.

Thanks
Stefan Valovic
svalovic@svalovic.com