Re: Live Media

On Montag 16 Februar 2009, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > I have a dedicated server that could server for development purposes.
>
> That's very kind of you, however the machine would be for significantly
> more than mere "development"; it would be a public service for building
> images.
>
> > >  * Large amount of bandwidth for downloads

How much traffic is estimated ? A root server for 49 Euro/months in Germany
has 1TB free traffic at 100Mbit and drops to 10MBit for unlimited traffic.

There is now way to fight abuse of the servers as downloading is some sort of
sport nowadays.

Is it acceptable to make this invitation only or do you favor an unlimited or
not at all approach ?

Lets say 100 invited projects build 10 images per day. That would be 30TB of
data for the downloads. One could alway bzip images.

It is obvious that companies like Novell or Canonical have different
resources.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany