I want to use Live installer from USB device, but the installer seems to require a CD.

Hi!
I am trying to user the "Live" Debian Installer, described in chapter 6, "Common tasks" in the Debian Live Manual.

Firstly, I am confused about the line 'The values "Normal", "Live" and "Ubuntu" are not valid values for LH_BINARY_DEBIAN_INSTALLER' at the bottom of page 29 [Debian Live Manual, February 14, 2009].
Should it really be "not" and not "now"? If the word "not" is correct in this context, how can I configure my live USB device in order to use the "Live" Debian installer?

I have tried using the boot options "installer" and "expert", but then I end up in a situation where an install CD is required.

Have I got this wrong completely? Is it not possible to build a live USB device, and then start the "Live" installer from there, copying the live filesystem from the USB device to the hard drive on the target system?

Best regards,
Fredrik

Hitta inspiration till middagsmaten! MSN Mat & Dryck