Re: gnome-orca

E.J. Zufelt wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if gnome-orca is on the Gnome live CD?  I feel that
> this would be an asset if it is not on the CD already.

gnome-orca is currently not on the Gnome CD.

This could be for one of two reasons:

 a) gnome-orca is not installed "by default" when installing the Gnome via
    tasksel and/or the Debian Installer.

    Why does this matter? In almost all cases, Debian Live will use whatever
    mechanism already in place to choose/select/configure something, meaning
    that if "normal Debian" does not install it, Debian Live would not, as
    Debian Live /is/ Debian.

   or;

 b) gnome-orca would have been installed (see 'a') via a Recommends
    relation, but turned those off for large desktop environments (so they
    can fit onto a CD).

Regards,

--
      ,''`.