Live Helper / Install from CD

I've poked the WIKI and the manual regarding this question. I've also looked the mailing lists and saw some comments back in October about a ubuntu-like installer from the Live CD but I haven't found out if there was any progress on this or not.

From here:
http://live.debian.net/manual/html/debian-installer.html

Has there been any updates towards a ubuntu-like installer with a more friendly GUI for installation? Something that would install the packages lists I already setup and skip most of the installation steps?

I've successfully built with --debian-installer=live and can choose 'install' from the boot menu...but I was hoping for a easy way to configure end users instead of walking them through the install process.

Thanks

--
Curtis Hall (curt@bluecherry.net)
Bluecherry - www.bluecherry.net