Persistency only on some directories (was: Re: configuring home)
- Subject: Persistency only on some directories (was: Re: configuring home)
- From: pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
- Date: Sun Nov 19 14:15:49 2006
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
--- Ottavio Caruso <email@example.com> wrote:
> What if I want enable persistency only on, say, /etc, /usr and
> Sorry, I couldn't find any more documentation online.
Apologies, I have found this on the casper-snapshot man page:
-c, --cow DIRECTORY
specifies the input directory to be cloned in the image file.[...]
-d, --device DEVICE
sets the device where the media which the snapshot/persistence
file/partition will be put. If it is not specified, a tmpfs will be
used and linked to the user's desktop to move it where it is needed.
1) How do you hook these options onto make-live? Maybe with the
2) Again, if I want multiple persistencies (/etc, /usr/, /home) ?
3) Will casper-snapshot be uploaded to sid?
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.