- Subject: Some questions
- From: Frederic.Lehobey at free.fr (Frederic Lehobey)
- Date: Wed Mar 1 18:51:51 2006
- Message-id: <20060301174744.GA8204@melusine>
I have subscribed to the list after reading Daniel blogs on
planet.d.o. Great initiative I would like to contribute to.
My interests are :
- Live CD as hardware tests ;
- Live CD for CDD (my interests revolve around debian-science) ;
- Live CD 100 % Debian native.
Here are my questions :
1/ Why another wiki?
The question arose to me when I wanted to report the following links
to your wiki:
Why not simply using wiki.debian.org?
2/ Do you plan to write a completely new tool or to extend some
existing one already packaged in Debian?
Following http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceLiveCD what are the
lacks of the currently existing solutions?
Personally I had as a project to adapt dfsbuild (I like the simplicity
of the approach: simply a configuration file to build a live CD) to the
current standard kernels.