Re: AGPLv3 and BSD-4-clause compatibility in the same source

On 27/10/13 17:19, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Since BSD-4-clause is not compatible with GPL do I understand it
> correctly that they basically made Berkeley DB 6.0.20 indistributable by
> us? Or am I missing something about mixing BSD-4-clause and AGPLv3?

It depends on who the acknowledged party is. If it's the University of
California, Berkeley, then see:

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

In other words, such UCB files are now effectively 3-clause BSD and so
GPL-compatible.

Gerv