CC0 and authors' names in Copyright field

Hello,

in the review [1] of a ruby package licensed with CC0, the following question came up:

What should the Copyright field contain for packages dedicated to the public domain with CC0?

* Should Copyright contain just "Public domain (CC0)" to reflect the fact that it has been dedicted to the public domain;

* or should Copyright contain also the names of the authors?

As evidenced by Cédric Boutillier, a search in the existing Debian packages [2] shows a lot of variability in the format and the content of the Copyright field.

The copyright-format document states:

> If a work has no copyright holder (i.e., it is in the public domain),
> that information should be recorded here.

I read that passage as "If a work is in PD, use the `Copyright` field to state this fact rather than stating the owner of the copyright", but it seems that this is not the only possible interpretation.

Are there guidelines for similar situations that can be applied to the CC0 case?

Regards,

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2013/09/msg00041.html
[2] http://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=License%3A+CC0

--