Lawyer request stop from downloading Debian

Hi!

Today I noticed a strang forum posting: [1]

Short English summary:
A lawyer from Augsburg, Germany sent a "Abmahnung" [2] to a person which downloaded Debian using Bittorrent. The company "Media Art Holland b.v" claimed that she has the "Nutzungs und Verwertungsrechte" (something like distribution rights).

The lawyer wants the poster to pay 700 Euro and stop uploading of Debian.

My opion is that this behavior is not good for Debian's reputation and the project should take legal action against the lawyer and this company.

Stefan

[1] http://www.lima-city.de/thread/abmahnung-im-haus (written in German)
[2] see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abmahnung