NASA CDF

Hello,

I ran into a data-file which is a "CDF V2 Document, No summary info",
according to /usr/bin/file. To my surprise there seems to be nothing
in Debian which supports this format. The canonical CDF library
appears to live at http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/ and has a license (
http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/CDF_copyright.html ) which in its
entirety reads:

-*-
CDF Copyright

Copyright 2010
Space Physics Data Facility
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center

This software may be copied or redistributed as long as it is not sold
for profit, but it can be incorporated into any other substantive
product with or without modifications for profit or non-profit. If the
software is modified, it must include the following notices:

    * The software is not the original (for protection of the original
author's reputations from any problems introduced by others)

    * Change history (e.g. date, functionality, etc.)

This copyright notice must be reproduced on each copy made. This
software is provided as is without any express or implied warranties
whatsoever.
-*-

There has been some queries on the freeness of CDF before on debian-legal (see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/1999/06/msg00052.html and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/08/msg00099.html ) but as
far as I know, CDF has never been uploaded to Debian.

The conclusion I draw from the threads above is that the license above
is DFSG-free. Are there any other opinions?

Best,

Teemu