Open Database License (ODbL)

Hello,

I wonder whether the Open Database Licence (ODbL) [1] can be considered
as a free license according to the DFSG. This license, designed for open
data, aims at being free, in its spirit.

    [1] http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/

I do not think it is much used as of today, but the OpenStreetMap (OSM)
project, which is a collaborative and free map project of the entire
world, is considering to switch from CC-BY-SA 2.0 to the ODbL 1.0 [2]. I
do not know if there is some OSM data in Debian, but it is a very
important piece of free data, valuable to anyone, so it would be a shame
if they switched to a buggy license.

    [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ODbL

Regards,

--