Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

Fernando C. Estrada wrote:
> The BOINC source code were debianized to packages that meet the DFSG,
> and the Copyright include only compatible licenses (discarding all the
> files that don't comply with the DFSG from the Debian packages). Now,
> the doubt is in the lib/cal.h file, because includes the "license"
> pasted at the end of this message.

Note that cal.h is a header file containing only function declarations and
no actual code (although I guess what counts as 'actual code' is debatable).
The matching function definitions are in a proprietary library that the
BOINC client loads at runtime with dlopen/dlsym. Dynamically linking to a
proprietary library like that is OK for BOINC since it is licensed under the
LGPL, but I don't know whether it's OK for Debian.

--
Nicolas