Re: distributing precompiled binaries

Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 13:57 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> >[...] I'm not sure that it matters what you call the mobile
> >component, if that "data file" is really some sort of program that
> >has sources which aren't usable. How is that jar different from a
> >PDF in this way?
> Unless I'm mistaken, a PDF without sources is an issue, but if the PDF
> comes with sources, this is not an issue.

The PDF needs to come with sources to build the corresponding PDF
*using only free software in Debian*, or it's not acceptable for
Debian.

The same needs to be true of any binary in Debian, AIUI.

--
 \     “There is something wonderful in seeing a wrong-headed majority |
  `\           assailed by truth.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, 1989-07-28 |