Open logo license changed

Hi all,
by following a link [1] in another thread [2], I noticed that the open
use logo (without the "Debian" text) has finally been relicensed under
the terms of the Expat license!

[1] http://www.debian.org/logos/index
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2008/11/msg00047.html

This is good and bad news at the same time, IMHO.

It's good news, since something has at last been done to improve the
awkward "non-free logo for a Free OS" issue.  Please bear in mind that
the first discussions I am aware of started long ago: see for instance
bug #212895 [3].

[3] http://bugs.debian.org/212895

It's bad news as well, since only the open use logo without the
"Debian" text has been dealt with.
See my unanswered questions to the previous DPL [4]

[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/12/msg00056.html

Moreover, this change was apparently done without any announcement,
after years of discussions and repeated requests.
I expected to hear about such a relicensing on debian-legal or on
debian-devel-announce, but nothing has been announced yet, AFAICT...

As a Debian user (IANADD, TINASOTODP), I am a bit disappointed by this
situation.

--
 On some search engines, searching for my nickname AND
 "nano-documents" may lead you to my website...