Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:30:03 +0200 davi.leals@gmail.com wrote:

> Francesco Poli wrote:
> > Arc Riley wrote:
> > > If you setup a system which required a delay, that would be questionable.
> >
> > I am not talking about an intentional delay.
> >
> > I am talking about something like the following scenario:
> > the source-hosting server goes down, while I am on vacation on another
> > continent with intermittent access to Internet.  My personal copy of
> > the source is on my home computer which is down with the plug pulled
> > off.  My vacation has just begun and is going to last, say, five
> > weeks[1].  On my first Internet connection I receive an e-mail message
> > of a user (which is also one of the original authors of the network
> > application I modified!) who informs me that he/she could not download
> > the source of the modified network application.
> >
> > Clearly, I am *not* going to immediately come back to the airport and
> > take the first flight home, in order to re-upload the source to another
> > server as soon as possible.
> >
> > Am I failing to comply with the license?
>
> Just host the source code at Savannah or any other similar service.

There seems to be some misunderstanding going on here...

In the above-described scenario, the source-hosting server which goes
down could well be Savannah or any other similar service!

The problem is: while Savannah is down, am I failing to comply with the
license?

--
 http://frx.netsons.org/doc/index.html#nanodocs
 The nano-document series is here!