Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

2008/8/28 Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>:
> miriam@debian.org wrote:
>
>>> Not all restrictions are bad and unfree (except for the morons who argue
>>> here from time to time that the GPL may not actually be DFSG-free).
>>There's no need to be rude or to insult [1] anyone just because they
>>don't share your point of view. It doesn't help to support your
> The point is not that their "opinion" is different, but that it is
> stupid.
> It is obvious enough that a few people hold different opinions on this
> matter, but I am persuaded that mine is much better and I am happy to
> tie my personal credibility to this.
> Or did you just want to lecture me on mailing lists etiquette?

No, I was just trying to say that the discussion had been respectful
and polite (even when all of us have different ideas) until you
started setting this aggressive tone. Of course you can say whatever
you want, I'm not trying to give any lessons on netiquette or
political correction, but if all the reasons you're gonna provide is
that it is your opinion and thus perfect, and you think don't even
have to explain it, just don't expect me to take you seriously. You
can be as rude as you want, insult as much as you want, and that won't
make you have reason. Whenever someone has to resort to insults to
support their position their credibility lowers. Now, as it is
perfectly obvious, you're free to do what you want.

Greetings,
Miry

(end of the offtopic)