Re: Genicorp General Public Licence

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:38 PM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Maximilian Gaß <mxey@cloudconnected.org> wrote:
>> I'm currently packaging libopenoffice-oodoc-perl and stumbled upon its
>> license:
>>
>> >     This software is free software. It is subject to the terms and
>> >     conditions of both
>> >
>> >     - the GNU Lesser General Public Licence, version 2.1, of the
>> >     Free Software Foundation (http://www.fsf.org);
>
> This licence is known to be fine for main, but contains the key phrase
> "You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients'
> exercise of the rights granted herein" in section 10.  So, I think
> that if the other licence contains any restrictions to copying not
> already in LGPL-2.1 then we can't satisfy both licences at the same
> time and so have no permission to copy it.

It sounds like upstream may have meant to go for a dual-licensing
arrangement, but incorrectly stated "both" rather than "either" - it'd
probably be a good idea to contact upstream and ask for clarification.
Certainly if this was a dual-license arrangement with LGPL+$anything
it would be acceptable for main.