What kind of copyright/license statement is required here?

Dear list,

I'm the maintainer of the sat4j package, which, in the upstream SVN, includes
lots of test data (plain text files, think of them as mathematical equations).
Currently these lack any kind of copyright/license statement, so I remove them
before building the tar ball. It would, however, be desirable to package them as
well, and upstream is willing to do whatever is needed have them included. So,
my question is:

- What kind of copyright/license statement is required? Should the usual (in
  this case Eclipse Public) license header be added, even though this is not
  "source code"?
- Should be it be added to each and every file?

Thanks,
MIchael

PS.: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.