SPI counsel have looked at the issue of game thumbnails. I've attached their recent mail on this issue. They conclude that it is best to distribute each thumbnail under the same license as the original game. -- bye, pabs http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: "Daniel Ilan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Gregory Pomerantz" <GPomerantz@cgsh.com>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Memo on video game thumbnails
- From: "Mario S Mendolaro" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:51:38 -0400
- Message-id: <OF9CBEFC23.F0DDFAF1-ON8525749F.008231AC-8525749F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <OF988706D8.31B71BCC-ON8525749E.00533F57-8525749E.0053C4C2@LocalDomain>
The attached memo reflects our thoughts on the thumbnail screenshots issue. In it we conclude that it is best to distribute each thumbnail under the same license as the original game. We're happy to follow up with any questions you may have or we could arrange a follow-up call to discuss.
Mario S. Mendolaro | not yet admitted to practice
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
One Liberty Plaza, New York NY 10006
t: +1 212 225 2134 | f: +1 212 225 3999
www.clearygottlieb.com | email@example.com
U.S. Treasury Circular 230 Notice
Any U.S. federal tax advice included in this communication was not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose
of avoiding U.S. federal tax penalties.
This message is being sent from a law firm and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.
Attachment: Thumbnail memo Debian.pdf
Description: Binary data
--- End Message ---
Description: This is a digitally signed message part