logwatch: list of copyright holders

Hi!

The package logwatch [1] I maintain contains no sane list of copyright
holders.

The file License in the upstream package contains the line

Copyright (c) 2007 Kirk Bauer

but this is obviously incomplete because the upstream package contains
some code that I am copyright holder of. And there are many other
scripts neither written by Kirk Bauer, nor by me.

This issue wouldn't be an issue if all source files in logwatch
contained a sane copyright notice. However, some of the files contain no
hint who the author is at all (CVS could help maybe), some state "were
written by ..." and a few contain a sane copyright notice.

What I did for earlier uploads was I went through all files, aggregated
the names I found, and stated the problem and the list in the copyright
file [2].

For the next upload, I'd like to get this right. Can anybody tell me
what I should do to get this right, at least to meet our standards for
copyright files? What should I suggest to upstream to fix the License
file? Just saying: "Add all copyright holders to the list" won't work in
this case.

Willi

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/logwatch.html
[2]