Re: ttf-breip with SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 1:17 PM, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So should the ttf-breip font keep in main or should be moved to non-free?
>> Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i am asking here
>
> Gentium[1] and other SIL OFL licenced fonts have been accepted into
> Debian main, so presumably the ftpmasters believe that those
> OFL-licenced fonts are DFSG-free. I guess ttf-breip is therefore fine
> for main.
>
> 1. http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/ttf-sil-gentium/current/copyright

Yes, there are currently 22 fonts released under the OFL accepted by the
ftp-masters in main which is a fairly good indicator of the DFSG
compliance of the OFL.

And about 10 in the pipeline to be packaged by members of the Debian
Fonts Task Force. More open fonts are planned for release or
re-licensing in the near future as well.

Here's the font metadata for Breip as currently shown in the Alioth
pkg-fonts team ongoing review:
http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/review/fnt-c2ccc8555857d30ae02b5ffa20e5209e.html

BTW, Mauro, can you please make sure you also ship in your package the
upstream font source and documentation available on
http://stalefries.googlepages.com/fontsbreip

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger