Re: TrueCrypt License 2.3

Måns Rullgård schrieb:
Patrick Matthäi <patrick.matthaei@web.de> writes:

Hello,

I wanted to package maybe truecrypt for Debian.
There was an older discussion on l.d.legal for an older version of the
TrueCrypt license, where the most developers said, that it is not
distributeable.

But as I know TrueCrypt has modified the license, so that more
distributions could ship it.

Here it is: http://www.truecrypt.org/license.php

I'm not a lawler, so what do you mean, is this license free or when
not could I distribute it in non-free?

At a glance, the bits that might be controversial appear to be a few
naming restriction clauses and some advertising clauses.  I don't see
anything restricting use or distribution.

IANAL

Thanks,

sounds good :)

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de
Homepage: http://www.Linux-Dev.org/