Re: Design Science License (in freevo)

A Mennucc <mennucc1@debian.org> writes:

> Some artwork is covered by the attached Design Science License.

Thank you for including the license text in full for examination.

It appears to be identical to the text published at (not published
*by*, note!) the Free Software Foundation on their site
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/dsl.html>: a copyleft
largely modelled on the terms of the GNU GPLv2.

> Is it fine to include that stuff in the package and upload?
> (I would say yes, but you may have a more informed opinion).

The FSF recommend against its use
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/>, but only on the basis of
it being incompatible with the GNU GPL and GNU FDL.

Now that I've read the whole license, I would say works licensed under
these terms are DFSG-free.

--
 \       "I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have |
  `\                          to."  -- Elvis Aaron Presley (1935-1977) |