Debian List Conduct (Was: Re: Choosing a &c.)

On Jan 2, 2008 1:12 AM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> unrepentant users

I've filed a bug report; see below.

> who make it send base64'ed posts to this list with very long
> and spammy headers,

Do you also complain when you get gzipped transfer encoded HTTP

> ignoring List-Post

Okay, I filed the following bug report with Google Mail:

"Please support the List-Post header (see RFC 2369) such that when I
reply to a message using it, the only recipient is the value of that
header."

> yet refusing to file bug reports with their software supplier.
> What's the easiest way?  k for killfile, sorry.  I'm out.

Well I didn't refuse in perpetuity throughout the universe, just
hadn't really thought about it from a non-RFC compliance point of view
until you mentioned it.

But of course you won't be able to know that now since you weren't
patient enough to find out :-)

> Have they fixed that google bug where you can hide whole
> threads by sending a known spam body [&c.]

This is off-topic for this list as far as I understand, but I've not
heard of this bug before at any rate.

Thanks,

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/