Re: Eiffel Forum License v2 [was: Re: Choosing a License: GNU APL? AFL 3.0?]

On Jan 1, 2008 10:18 AM, Francesco Poli wrote:

> I think that works solely licensed under these terms comply
> with the DFSG.

Thanks. That concurs with other advice that I'd been given, and what
I'd been able to work out myself.

<aside>

I've had numerous comments, incidentally, that debian-legal is just a
useless discussion forum, a hive of horrors, a place to be avoided. I
know someone who's not subscribed to it on purpose. Someone else even
said outright that they're scared of it!

Perhaps I haven't been subscribed long enough or something, but I've
found the exact opposite. Certainly the feedback that I've got has
been tough and debatory. But it's also been prompt. It's been polite.
It's been terse and informative, and all emails I've received so far
have been, I think, written with the spirit of helpfulness.

So many thanks to everyone for that; and sorry to spoil your bad reputation :-)

</aside>

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/