Re: Choosing a License: GNU APL? AFL 3.0?

On Dec 31, 2007 1:47 AM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> I don't know whether the problems with the CDDL that 1. it does not
> follow the DFSG if there are active patents on the Covered Software;
> 2. Matthew Garrett's comment at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/12/msg00004.html

Yes, thanks for bringing these to my attention. I'm currently thinking
about the Eiffel Forum License version 2, which is a pretty concise
license. It fails the column C test, but the single clause that makes
it fail:

          * any distribution of this package, whether modified or not,
      includes this license text.

 - http://www.eiffel-nice.org/license/eiffel-forum-license-2.txt

Could easily be deleted. Is it DFSG compatible? Would it still be DFSG
compatible with this clause deleted?

> Why don't you file a bug that Google Mail doesn't support List-Post and
> other common mailing list behaviours?  You're the user, after all.

Because I don't know that it's common, and I don't mind the behaviour
myself (I think that good clients should drop duplicates).

Thanks,

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/