Re: About Logo License

On 10/12/2007, Alessandro De Zorzi <lota@klez.it> wrote:
> PHAMM USE LOGO LICENSE
>
> This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the Phamm
> project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project.
>
> Note: we would appreciate that you make the image a link to
> http://www.phamm.org/ if you use it on a web page.

That all seems fine - as you say, it is almost word-for-word identical
with Debian's own policy.

> Permission has been given to use the official logo on clothing
> (shirts, hats, mouse pads, etc) as long as they are made by a
> Phamm developer and not sold for profit.

That is more of a problem, as it prevents certain commercial uses of
the logo. The same principles apply as for the Creative Commons "No
Commercial" licences, which are regarded as non-free.

John

(TINLA. And on this occasion I maybe ought to add: IANADD, TINASOTODP...)