Re: Distributability of Ruby's PDF::Writer

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:11:19PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Gunnar Wolf:
>
> > 2- This is the main reason I contact -legal: The short license
> >    regarding the Adobe PostScript AFM files does mention 'for any
> >    purpose and without charge'. How would you interpret this?
>
> Compare the Adobe AFM license and the MIT license. 8-)

Heh. Fair point. But the MIT licence is clearer: "Permission is hereby
granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy...". No risk
of confusion there. The Adobe licence, by contrast, reads like one of
the cautionary examples of ambiguous drafting that you get taught at
law school. :-)

John

(TINLA)