Re: The legality of wodim

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:29:16AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> The German law doesn't give Jörg Schilling more rights than any other
> one

Well, it gives him more rights than US law, which has no concept of moral
rights.

> These moral rights are:
>       * The respect of the name of the author and his quality. Note that
>         the GPL also explicitly requires this for countries without such
>         legislation.

This description isn't sufficient for me to understand when this right would
be infringed.  I mean, to me the name of Joerg Schilling carries the
connotation of "loudmouthed pompous hack who believes his code is perfect in
defiance of reality", and the quality I associate with it is "poor, because
he doesn't care about fixing bugs for real users".  Does that mean that
cdrkit could infringe his moral rights because it would cause his name to be
associated with some code that was better than cdrtools?  Who decides what
constitutes a lack of respect for the "name of the author"?