Re: The legality of wodim

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 11:24:55AM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Otherwise, if moral rights are *that* restrictive, it may be
> *impossible* (for software developed in jurisdictions with so strong
> moral rights) to really comply with DFSG#5 and DFSG#6, since,
> despite whatever the license may state, users are anyway risking to
> be sued by authors who don't like them or their field of endeavor
> (and lose the lawsuit)...

Quite.

But I take some comfort from the fact that some of the jurisdictions
with the strongest moral rights regimes (e.g. Germany) have a higher
usage of free software than, say, the UK. That gives me some hope
that, should this question ever arise, the courts would have a greater
comprehension of the issues involved than might otherwise be the case.

In the meantime, I vote we worry about this only if it ever actually
arises in practice.

John