Re: binary only files in orig.tar.gz of mozilla products on debian

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 07:23:51PM +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Apologies if this is the wrong place to report this. I'm reporting this
> here only because I thought this is also the place to bring to notice legal
> problems in Debian. Should I file a Debian bug?

Have you checked the contents of the Debian source package to see
whether it actually contains the binary files? There may be some other
reason why the Debian source files are smaller - perhaps the Iceweasel
icon file sizes are smaller than the corresponding Firefox images? ;-)

If the Iceweasel source packages do contain the Windows DLLs then I'd
say that's a bug reporting issue rather than a legal query. (Not that
the binary files don't pose legal problems; just that the solution is
technical and, I'd guess, relatively simple.)

John