Re: The legality of cdrecord

The GPL and the Urheberrecht both forbid to publish modified versions that
harm the reputation of the Author. The Debian fork is full of extreme bugs
and many people are thus completely unable to use the fork at all.
You should be aware of the possibility that I (as the Author) could disallow publikshing the fork.

Please don't tell me that "I should be aware"; I have nothing to do with the fork, so see with authors of wodim.

This kind of blackmail attempts have been send to me more than once.

I have nothing to do with Debian so I do not like to blackmail you. I simply do not really understand what you are hoping for. The page of cdrkit does not claim that cdrtools are non free; they just say that it is an independent project not affiliated with the original author of cdrtools of which they are derived. That is definitively allowed by the GPL and I do not see how it can harm your reputation.

Olive