Re: Logo trademark license vs. copyright license

Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:57:33 +0200 Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> > I thought you used Y and Z for cases where Y is licensing Z's
> > trademark (if Y is Z's subsidiary or authorized licensee for example).
> > Then the trademark holder is Z but Y has certain rights to the mark.
>
> Err, if I read the original message by Nathanael correctly, [Z] is
> intended to be the "meaning" of the trademark.

Why would you do that? That can only be used against you.

I also don't see a need to indicate a field for the mark when you
license people to do anything with the mark. So maybe you should
just omit the entire Z thing.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself