Re: Licence and copyright for autogenerated files (gtk-vim-syntax)

Laurent Bigonville <l.bigonville@edpnet.be> writes:

> Copying:  I hereby waive any potential rights on the syntax files.  I
> am not sure whether a list of library symbols can be copyrighted at
> all.  But this world is full of lawyers with the silliest ideas.  The
> ideal state (which would solve all copyright problems once for all)
> would be distribution of the syntax files directly with the respective
> libraries, but I do not hope for that.
>
> By reading this I'm tempted to think that these files belong to the
> public domain.

I agree. Only the first sentence "I hereby ..." seems to have any
legal effect; the rest is commentary, and a non-restrictive request.

--
 \       "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death |
  `\     your right to say it."  -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, _The Friends |