Re: Debian-approved creative/content license?

On 3/11/07, Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> wrote:
I've read up and found the Creative Commons and GFDL licenses are
specifically disallowed by Debian (well GFDL with non-invariant
sections seems ok, but does that make sense for creative/audio
content?).  Looking further, I could not find any Debian-approved
licenses for creative (non-software) works [2], [3].  Is the Debian
approach to just use a software license like GPL or BSD for creative
content?

Anyway, what recommendation should I make that will satisfy the DFSG?
Thank you for your constructive thoughts.

I'd recommend just using the GPL or Expat licenses, they are tried and
tested and don't contain anything too specific to software.

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)