Re: GNU GPL future (was: Re: DFSG as Licence?)

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au>
> The GPL v3 is not yet released; the FSF are asking for anyone who has
> concerns to make them known now. [...]

Unfortunately, to make them known, you have to jump through hoops of
being able to use their anybrowser-busting web system, persuade their
reject-all email robot or travel hundreds of miles at a few days notice
to public conferences.  I'm pretty stubborn, but I've not been able to
overcome these problems.  How many hackers will have given up trying to
talk to FSF about this?  Commenting should have been made more easy.
I guess it's good that at least some people can comment on this and be
heard, which is a step forward from what appeared to happen over FDL.
--
MJR/slef