Re: DFSG-freeness of the "CID Font Code Public Licence"

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>

> The controls apply *in the US*.  That means that, for anyone in the US, this
> license imposes extralegal penalties for engaging in civil disobedience in
> contravention of US embargo laws.  Regardless of whether you have any
> intention of risking the *legal* penalties for violating US embargo laws, I
> do *not* consider it free if a copyright holder tacks its own penalties on
> top of that.

Well said, and a good argument that my previous comments in this
thread actually miss the point. I stand corrected.

--
Henning Makholm                               "... popping pussies into pies
                                                      Wouldn't do in my shop