Re: DFSG-freeness of the "CID Font Code Public Licence"

On Monday 05 June 2006 19:33, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> > It says specifically that U.S. export and import control laws are
> > axiomatically part of the laws one has to respect. Demanding that is a
> > non-free condition.
>
> No. It says that US *AND OTHER COUNTRIES* export/import laws should be
> respected. US laws make strictly *no sense* when you're living in
> another country.

That depends. What if a country (or jurisdiction) does not have a
export/import laws or its export/import laws stipulate that certain
bilaterial agreements are in power for such cases. Having 'U.S.' in a law
name does not mean that that law is not respected / enforced or complied with
in any other jurisdiction. How do you think criminals repatration works
between different jurisdictions... it is simply based on respecting other's
jurisdictions laws by means of agreements we could hardly be familiar with
for every single jurisdiction.

> You are not going to respect laws and regulations from
> *all* countries in the world, are you?

This is not relevant to the case.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB