Re: DFSG-freeness of the "CID Font Code Public Licence"

Scripsit "Andrew Donnellan" <ajdlinux@gmail.com>
> On 6/4/06, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
>> Scripsit Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>

>> > I don't think this is what the clause says. It is just a useless "you
>> > shall respect the law" clause.

>> It says specifically that U.S. export and import control laws are
>> axiomatically part of the laws one has to respect. Demanding that is a
>> non-free condition.

> ***all applicable laws and regulations***

***including all export and import control laws of the U.S. government***

This clause _defines_ that US export laws are "applicable".

> It says including as part of applicable, I don't see it as non-free.

Defining that US export laws are applicable no matter whether they
would be without the license is very highly non-free.

--
Henning Makholm                            "What a hideous colour khaki is."