pygaim license terms not present in source

Hello,

I have created a package [0] for PyGaim. Their SourceForge project page says that PyGaim is distributed under the GPL. There is no mention of this, however, in the source release.

The _only_ place I have seen licensing terms mentioned is under "Project Details" on the SourceForge page [1].

It seems to me that this is insufficient and that the developers need to clarify their license somewhere before PyGaim can be uploaded to Debian.

Am I correct in making this assumption?

I have asked them to include a COPYING or LICENSE file in their next release through their mailing list [2] and through two of the developer's emails, but they did not respond.

Thanks!
Michael Spang

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygaim
[2] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=47915