Re: Sun responds to questions on the DLJ

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> Please note that Walter does not speak for the Debian project, and is not
> a developer, maintainer, or new-maintainer applicant, just a participant
> on this mailing list.

I think enough DDs agree that the FAQ with the 'please ignore' label is
irrelevant to make Walter's opinion worth considering, this time.

[...]
> Having clear and simple statements from copyright holders is important,
> but it's also just one issue among many in promoting free software and
> providing a functional and convenient system for our users.

In the interests of promoting free software, providing good advice to our
users and not misleading them that our personal views are project views,
would the DPL care to reconsider the declaration that we don't have
effective replacements for Sun Java?  There is much good work in the free
software Java implementations in debian and things seem to run out-of-the-box.

--
MJR/slef