Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> I know I shouldn't, but I was really upset by your answer.

You shouldn't be upset.

> I'm happy that people speak up and claim their fear with this licence, and no,

This is OK. They can ask questions and have a right to know why ftpmasters
accepted the package.

> I won't hide my personal reponsability behind the ftp masters' decision: my
> concern is not a fear for myself but a fear for the project.
>
> To all the questions and fears raised consciously and with arguments, you
> answer them to shut up and respect the others decisions, that is not the way
> I would work in this project as for sure.

No I don't answer to "shut up". I answer to stop now because Anthony Tows
responded to all the questions and give a precise course of action on how
we can continue improving the situation concerning the java licensing.

And I responded to someone who clearly doesn't agree with the ftpmasters
decision and will continue flaming as hell when he already knows
everything that he needs.

Fears are unfounded, we can at any time terminate the license by removing
java!

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog