Re: Bacula license (was Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 08:10:30PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > That's how I understand the clause too. Contaminates other software (DFSG 9).
>
> How does that contaminate other software?  I agree that there may be a
> problem, but only for users of Bacula.

It seems to add an extra condition to all other GPL software.
Of course, the termination is limited to the one package.

> > Who wrote that horror and could they please not write licences again
> > until they fix that one?
>
> Probably Kern Sibbald, author of Bacula, whom you CC'd.  You could have
> been a little more polite, I think.

No rudeness intended. I thought it was a lawyer who'd misunderstood
what was asked of them.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef