Re: Revised Bacula license

John Goerzen wrote:
> Can you all take a look at the below new license?  I took a quick look
> and it looks good to me.

This revised license looks DFSG-free to me.  One note, though:

> Linking:
> Bacula may be linked with any libraries permitted under the GPL,
> or with any non-GPLed libraries, including OpenSSL, that are
> required for its proper functioning, providing the source code of
> those non-GPLed libraries is non-proprietary and freely
> available to the public.
[...]
> Certain parts of the Bacula software are licensed by their
> copyright holder(s) under the GPL with no modifications.  These
> software files are clearly marked as such.

If those parts don't carry the exception for non-GPLed libraries such as
OpenSSL, then Bacula as a whole does not have an exception for non-GPLed
libraries such as OpenSSL, so distribution linked to OpenSSL would
violate the GPL on those portions without the exception.  This doesn't
make Bacula non-free, but it does make it impossible to distribute
Bacula compiled to use OpenSSL or similarly-incompatible libraries.

- Josh Triplett