Re: Bacula license (was Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 08:00:25PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > *trademark*
> > unfairly and without permission.
>
> If I remember correctly, I pulled this clause from some existing license
> -- perhaps an IBM license. I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that
> intellectual property right does not include copyright -- if it does, then

In the USA, at least, it usually does.

> the clause does not do what I intended, because I have nothing against
> copyrights.

It vaguely resembles this in the Postfix license:

    If Recipient institutes patent litigation against a Contributor with
    respect to a patent applicable to software (including a cross-claim or
    counterclaim in a lawsuit), then any patent licenses granted by that
    Contributor to such Recipient under this Agreement shall terminate
    as of the date such litigation is filed.  In addition, If Recipient
    institutes patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim
    or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Program itself (excluding
    combinations of the Program with other software or hardware) infringes
    such Recipient's patent(s), then such Recipient's rights granted under
    Section 2(b) shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.

But this clause doesn't mention everybody globally.

-- John