Re: Proposed licence for Debconf video recordings

Scripsit Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 19:56:21 +0100 Ben Hutchings wrote:

>>  The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
>> -distributed with all copies and transcodings of the recording or
>> +distributed with all copies, transformations and adaptations of the work or
>>  substantial portions thereof.

> I'm not sure if this phrasing tries to require that transformations and
> adaptations (a subset of derivative works) be licensed under the same
> license as the original work.

I cannot see how this is different from how BSD licenses require that
the BSD copyright blurb *itself* is retained with all derivates.

Everybody seems to agree that this does not make the BSD license
viral, and that a derivor is free to give fewer rights to his part of
the copyright in the derived work than the original BSD author gave to
his part.

--
Henning Makholm                        "I ... I have to return some videos."