GPLed libraries dfsg compatible?

Hello,

I want to debianize EiffelStudio, a compiler and IDE for the programming
language eiffel. It is dual-licenced under a commercial licence and
under GPL.
Included in EiffelStudio is the so called "Base Library", released under
the GPL as well. This library is absolutely nesseary for programming
with eiffel, you are not able to write any program that does not use the
"Base Library".
With this licencing model you are forced to release your programs
written in EiffelStudio (GPL version) under the GPL as well.

Can we regard this software as dfsg compatible?

(I'm sorry if this should be the wrong place to ask, it's my first
debianization project)

Best regards,
Moritz