Re: Would cxxtools need an exception for libssl too?

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Kari Pahula wrote:
> I've an ITP, #366834, on a library called cxxtools (which already
> created a bit of controversy on -devel).  The reason I'm packaging
> cxxtools is because tntnet (ITP #361010) uses it.
>
> Both are licensed under GPLv2 or later.
>
> Tntnet links to libssl, which is GPL-incompatible. Upstream already
> added an exception to tntnet to allow linking to libssl, but would
> cxxtools need one also? Both have the same upstream.

If it's trivial to get one, you might as well get one anyway; you also
may suggest that tntnet be modified to allow it to link against
libgnutls, which will resolve all of these issues.

Don Armstrong

--
An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p244